[squid-users] Passing web service username and password in Squid for Windows...

From: Gary Tai <gary.c.tai_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:08:07 -0400

One of our applications is failing to pass encrypted username and
password to Squid.

From the application documentation:
Web services requires a client to provide credentials as BASIC HTTP
user authentication. BASIC authentication encrypts the user ID and
password with Base64 encoding and passes it as an HTTP request header
parameter.

The application works correctly if we bypass Squid, however, it fails
when going through Squid resulting in incorrect username/password in
the application log files.

Is there any configuration on Squid that will resolve this issue?

Thanks.