RE: [squid-users] How to force resources expired when squid starts

From: Donoso Gabilondo, Daniel <donoso.d_at_ikusi.es>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:43:40 +0200

> refresh_pattern does same thing as max-age. But applies when no
max-age
> is given.

I was wrong. Thanks for the explanation.

> No. You can only purge them one by one. Why are you needing this?

Because if a lot of objects are modified during the max-age time,
putting all the objects expired, squid would ask for them again, and
only get the modified objects.

I know that is possible to decrease the max-age or put max-age to 0 (ask
always if the object is modified) but this generate a lot of network
traffic when a lot of objects are asked.

Thanks for your help.

Daniel