Re: [squid-users] Squid CPU utilization

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:03:06 +1200 (NZST)

> Hello!
>
> Can SQUID3 utilize more than one cpu with one instance?
>
> Because i see on with `top` that my squid goes to %CPU -> 101%

Sort of. It's slightly muddled by the fact that squid runs a set of helpers.

The Squid binaries themselves cannot individually use more than one CPU as
yet. But each of them and any helpers may be shoved by the system onto
other CPU. Likewise Squid may be run on a full CPU by itself, and the OS
etc on another. Up to 120% is probably expected.

Amos