Re: [squid-users] Going into hit-only-mode for 5 minutes....

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:00:38 +0200

On mån, 2008-06-23 at 04:14 -0700, Rajasekar wrote:
> We am using squid 2.6 stable version in fedora core 6. Some times we
> receiving this error message in our cache.log file. when this error comes,
> we not able to browse for some time through squid proxy. We want to know the
> meaning of this error and why its occurred.

> Failure Ratio at 1.01
> 2008/06/23 11:54:16| Going into hit-only-mode for 5 minutes...

The error just indicates Squid is aware there is some connectivity
problem, and stops responding to ICP on misses to avoid drawing traffic
from child caches..

So it's just a indication there is something wrong, not the error cause
itself..

As you say it's impossible to browse at the time then my guess is that
you have some kind of networking related problem which prevents Squid
from connecting to the Internet.