[squid-users] Question regarding failover

From: Markus Meyer <markus.meyer_at_koeln.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:50:28 +0200

Hi all,

I searched for answers to my questions but wasn't able to find anything
useful. If there is documentation around please give me a hint.

I'm currently testing Squid3 as reverse proxy and we're using two
backend webservers from which Squid should pull the files. Squid is
configured like this:

http_port 80 accel vport defaultsite=origname
# define the backend servers and swap between them
cache_peer server1 parent 80 0 no-query originserver round-robin
cache_peer server2 parent 80 0 no-query originserver round-robin

Hopefully that's correct but it seems to work ;)
What I'd like to know is if the above still works when one of the
servers goes down and how it works.

Also I want to break up the current RAID-5 and use the disks instead as
single disks so that I have four or five "cache_dir" entries. What
happens if one disk breaks? Does Squid still work and how?

Thanks and regards,

        Markus Meyer