[squid-users] "file descriptors" set to 1024 instead of user-defined one

From: Azhar H. Chowdhury <azhar_at_citechco.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 23:42:10 +0600

Hi, I am running squid 3.0 stable 6 on Fedora core 6. When I run squid from
command prompt, it's setting up "File descriptors" value to 131072 what
I defined at compile time. But running at rc.local (Just put a line with
path of squid exe location) set
the "file descriptors" value to 1024.

Squid running perfectly with all other parameters (such as wccp2 etc)
whether
running from rc.local or manually from console as root user.

Looking forward help.

TIA,
Azhar Chowdhury

believed to be clean.