Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxies...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 21:31:11 +0200

tis 2008-06-24 klockan 11:30 -0700 skrev John Doe:
> #miss_access deny from_localnet # Do I need this miss?

No, sibling relations automatically enforce this by using a
Cache-Control header sent by the requesting Squid.

> Questions:
> 1. Anything wrong in the confs above? Do I need some cache_peer_access for the siblings communication?

Default for cache_peer_access is to consider the peer a candidate for
all requests.

> 3. If squids sits right next to the apaches (on a gigabit switch), can I not use digests?

cache digests is between the squids, and may be quite beneficial to you
as ICP can then be skipped on known cache hits.

> 4. If I want to handle "leeches" (using wrong referer) with a redirector script, would the following work?

Probably, but you may want to consider implementing this using an
external acl instead of a redirector..

> 5. If I want the apaches to tell squid to cache for 1 week and squids to tell clients to cache for 1 month, can I just useheader_replace like these?
>
> header_replace Expires Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 CET 2012
> header_replace Cache-Control max-age=2678400

Better to use a combination of max-age and s-maxage. What they are
intended for..

> 6. Is there a way to prevent <shift>-reload from making squid ask apache when the object is still in its cache...? Something like that?
>
> refresh_pattern 0 0% 0 ignore-reload

Yes.