[squid-users] Looking for testers - Cacheboy-1.3

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_squid-cache.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:26:24 +0800

G'day everyone,

I'm now looking for some reasonably serious testing of the Squid-2
restructuring I've been doing over in Cacheboy.

Again, its by and large just Squid-2.HEAD at the moment with a whole
lot of structural reorganisation.

I've completed the first round of reorganisation (the easy stuff).
Thing is, all the interesting changes that I now have to make so I can
begin work on the -really- interesting stuff (like v6, threading,
better disk storage, better performance in general) are all
potentially quite intrusive changes. I'm not really comfortable making
them without confidence that the current codebase is actually stable
and works for people.

So I'd really appreciate it if I could get some help testing this
stuff out. The few people I've spoken to privately who have put it in
production say it works fine for them, and they're able to just drop
it in-place of Squid-2.6 with no real fuss.

You can grab the 1.3 source tarball from
http://cacheboy.googlecode.com/files/CACHEBOY_1.3.tar.gz . I'll update
the FreeBSD port in the next few days.

Adrian