Re: [squid-users] Re: Refresh-Patterns

From: Frank Helmschrott <fhelmschrott_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:12:21 +0200

Hi Chris,

2008/6/26 Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>:
> It's been discussed quite thoroughly in the archives, but I feel like
> avoiding work, so...

thanks for your answer - highly appreciated. I already searched
through the archives but couldn't find the right things that helped.

>>> refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080
>>> refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440
>>> refresh_pattern . 5 75% 15
>>>

> First off, you'll want this line last. It will match anything, and make the
> following refresh_patterns superfluous.

exactly that did the trick. don't know why i could have overlooked
this but it happened. First tests are running great. Thanks!

One more question on this topic to help me understand how that
refresh_patterns work.

There are special URL that contain something like a live ticker. These
URLs get reloaded by the users every few seconds. What i want is to
have squid cache them for a minute to take the load from the
application server. This line baiscally works

refresh_pattern -i -live- 1 99% 2 override-expire override-lastmod ignore-reload

but unfortunaltey the ignore-reload seems to ignore every reload even
if the time set is already run down. Is there any way to ignore
reloads but go and get a fresh version from the app server on reload
if the TTL is over.

Thanks for your help.

--
Frank