[squid-users] request help - remotely disable SQUID filtering

From: Curt Coleman <ccoleman_at_mfrl.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:27:12 -0400

I need instructions resent from the member who provided me with the tip on
how to remotely disable squid filtering from a machine.

My original post:

I am looking to use squid to content filter public computers. Currently I
have it setup and running on a few test machines. When someone attempts to
access a restricted site, I have a custom 'access denied' page that appears.
I would like for this page to contain a field to insert credentials that
would allow bypassing the filtering just for that machine. Is this doable?

More specifically, I am looking to remotely disable filtering on specific
machines.

Example: This is a public library running squid for content filtering.
When an adult patron requests that filtering be disabled for the machine
he/she is using, staff needs to be able to do this remotely, without
physically being in front of the patrons machine.

Thanks in advance.

CC
ccoleman_at_mfrl.org