Re: [squid-users] ESI processor

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:17:51 +1200 (NZST)

> On 6/27/08, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> > Thanks Henrik.
>> > Is ESI a kernel feature in squid?
>>

>> No. It's an optional extra processing that works okay for some simple
>> uses, and doesn't work very well for large-scale or complicated pages.
>>

> But shouldn't only large scale sites need ESI?

No modern site truly needs it, OBJECT tags and AJAX can easily push the
functionality down to the client instead of depending on middle-ware like
ESI.

But yes, complex sites would benefit more from it. The amount of bugs and
none interested in fixing it yet is why we are not promoting it very much.

Amos