Re: [squid-users] bypass proxy for local addresses

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 18:25:16 +0200

On 27.06.08 07:40, Shaine wrote:
> For instance , if squid runs in port 8080 , when a specific url comes into
> the squid via port 8080 , before it receives to port 8080 cant we redirect
> to a web server , which that url searching?
> From the squid itself cant we find a solutions to have a proxy request by
> passing ???

There is no such think in HTTP protocol that would tell the client, "stop
asking me and go directly". Some browsers even don't know they are using a
proxy (when using interception, often incorrectly called "transparent
proxy").

You just must configure browser when to use proxy and when not to use it.
Either manualy, either via interception, or by using WPAD protocol, as
others already mentioned (and I forgot in my last mail).

Spam is for losers who can't get business any other way.