[squid-users] NTLM-transparent?

From: nairb rotsak <ipguru99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 08:48:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I am replacing a St. Bernard iPrism. I know it runs squid (the client got tired of paying for it and once I told them it just runs squid anyway, they jumped at the chance for a little more control).

I am used to running Squid/Dansguardian/Samba with ntlm auth. But I have always used it as a stand-alone proxy.. never at the gateway. I do it this way because I was always told that the usernames will not show up in logs (ntlm's fault.. not Squid) when Squid is in transparent mode.

Is this still true? How the heck does the iPrism do it? ;-)

Thanks to everyone for all the work on this project. Every client I walk into has the same complaint and I quickly fix it with Squid and DG!

bk