Re: [squid-users] Squid performance for an ISP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 12:23:23 +0200

On mån, 2008-06-30 at 18:12 -0500, Carlos Alberto Bernat Orozco wrote:
> Thanks for the answer!
>
> When I was playing with squid (first setup), I found many TCP_MISS
> running on my log, when the users surf many sites. I can say 90% of my
> entire squid log was TCP_MISS. And I didn't found many information
> about TCP_MISS in the web site like meaning and issues. The same for
> MEM_HIT and other parameters. Why these can be posible to have many of
> this?

There is one entry in access.log for each object per page the user agent
downloads (html content, image1, image2, .., style sheet, java scripts,
flash files, etc..). Each page view is typically between 5 and 30
requests depending on the site visited.

> And, where can I get more info about?

The FAQ has a lot of detail on the access.log format.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidLogs