Re: [squid-users] Squid ZPH patch

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 00:36:00 +1200

pritam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have squid 2.6 STABLE20 and I want to update it to squid 2.7.x. Do I
> need to patch the squid 2.7.x source for ZPH ...?

Depends on the exact ZPH functionality you want. Most of it was
included. Only the pass-thru capability was left out for architectural
reasons.

You will most likely need squid.conf changes to match the accepted 2.7
config options.

The merge for 2.7.s1 says:
"
This is a cleaned up version of the ZPH patch by Marin Stavrev, Evgeni
Gechev
and Venkatesh K. Reddy. It combines all three rolles versions of the patch,
supporting both
  - IP ToS / Diffserv
  - Socket priority
  - IP Option
but exluding the ability to mirror incoming TOS on cache misses as it's
still a bit unclear how that should be done and support also missing in
standard kernels. (the way it's done in the original patch looks a
little odd)

Original patches used as input:
http://zph.bratcheda.org/squid-2.6.STABLE2-ToS_Hit_ToS_Preserve.patch
http://zph.bratcheda.org/squid-2.5.STABLE3-hit_prio.diff