[squid-users] Could squid change src ip to client ipaddress in the Transparent mode?

From: S.KOBAYASHI <kobayashi_at_e-trees.jp>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 12:02:02 +0900

Hi guys,
I want squid or Linux to change to http_client ip address from squid:eth1 ip
address which is in processing of the proxy in transparent mode.
Eventually, nobody needs to change the firewall settings.

Http_client ---> squid:eth0:80 ---> squid:eth1:any ----> F/W ---> Origin
server.

I have never run transparent before, so I have checked normal squid mode.
The packets which is fired from squid:eth1 are being changed to eth1's ip
address, and orgin server is left foot prints of squid:eth1's ip address in
accessLog as Http_client ip address. I think it's a pretty normal process.
However in transparent mode, I want to leave Http_client ip address in
accessLog.
How can I do that?

Best regards,
Seiji Kobayashi