Re: [squid-users] Reverse Proxy, OWA RPCoHTTPS and NTLM

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:17:30 +0200

On tor, 2008-07-03 at 07:28 +0200, Abdessamad BARAKAT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to setup squid as ssl reverse proxy for publishing OWA services
> (webmail, rpc/http and activesync), now the publish is made by a ISA
> server and I want to replace this ISA Server.
>
> the flow:
>
> Internet => Firewall(NAT) => Squid Reverse Proxy on DMZ( https port
> 8443) => Firewall(8443 open) => Exchange Server (NLB IP on https port 443)

This will generally only work if the NAT port translates external port
443 to 8443 on the proxy. OWA will not work if the external requested
port differs from the port where OWA is running on the exchange server.

> I can get webmail working well, not yet tested activesync but the use of
> RPC over HTTP doesn't work, I get a 401 error code when I try to logon
> with outlook:

Have you told Squid to trust the web server with logon credentials? See
the cache_peer login= option..