Re: [squid-users] Pseudo-random 403 Forbidden...

From: John Doe <jdmls_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 05:09:02 -0700 (PDT)

> > > For info, if I remove the digests, everything works fine...
> >
> > Cache digests has a higher false positives rate than ICP, but it can
> > happen with ICP as well.

I checked with no digests again and there is an odd behavior. If by example:

squid2 has the object
if queried, squid1 asks squid2 and squid3
if queried, squid3 asks only squid2 and not squid1

squid1 has the object
if queried, squid2 asks only squid3 and not squid1 => squid2 cache also the object.
if queried, squid3 asks only squid2 and not squid1 => squid3 cache also the object.

squid3 has the object
if queried, squid1 asks squid2 and squid3
if queried, squid2 asks only squid3 and not squid1

> In other words please file a bug report at http://bugs.squid-cache.org/

I filed Bug 2403.

Just wondering, are many people successfully using such a setup (more than 2 squids as proxy-only siblings)?
Just to see if it is a minor bug or conf problem, or if it is uncharted territory.

Thx,
JD