Re: [squid-users] RAM and Optimization Questions

From: Pritam <pritam_at_subisu.net.np>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 01:19:08 +0545

Egi wrote:

> We see that we averagely can save 18% of our total traffic (Highest:
> 7.5 Mbit of 35 Mbit) and this server has been running for 1 week (Now
> the disks are full).
>
> How is it possible that the RAM gets more occupied when there isn't
> traffic? Also are our savings ok (18%)? Do you recommend any tuning
> options?
>
> Thank You!
Hi,

There are two important parameters that affect the proxy to dramatically
change its output and performance.....
     ~ range_offset_limit < > and
     ~ quick_abort_min < >.

Coz: after setting this parameters to 0 I had more than 4 Mbps of
Server In/Out Traffic reduced.

Hello all, can you help us here.

Regards,
Pritam