Re: [squid-users] Integrating squid with OpenSSL:very slow response

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 09:21:25 +0200

On mån, 2008-07-07 at 12:20 +0530, Geetha_Priya wrote:

> I have a proxy code [openssl] and I need to integrate squid such that
> all HTTP requests is forwarded to squid through our proxy only.The
> purpose of proxy is more for controlling http access a this point.

Ok.

> Client <--> proxy <----> Squid <----> Webservers

Ok.

> The response time is very slow. I see some empty requests under new request = , is that common in between getting pages. Please find a snapshot below.

Who is logging that "new request = ", and when? I suppose it's from your
"openssl" proxy.

There is no such thing as an empty HTTP request. You either have an HTTP
request, or you don't.

The only thing common between pages is that the idle connections gets
closed if the user waits for too long..

Another thing which is somewhat common is that many clients sent a extra
blank line after POST requests, but from the data you have shown it does
not look like this is the issue. (only GET requests was shown).

I'd suggest you look a the HTTP data stream using wireshark and compare
this with how your proxy behaves.