RE: [squid-users] Integrating squid with OpenSSL:very slow response

From: Geetha_Priya <Geetha_Priya_at_satyam.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 14:48:25 +0530

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Nordstrom [mailto:henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 1:55 PM
To: Geetha_Priya
Cc: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
Subject: RE: [squid-users] Integrating squid with OpenSSL:very slow response

On mån, 2008-07-07 at 13:01 +0530, Geetha_Priya wrote:
> Accessing websites through proxy and squid has following response
> along with being slow
>
> 1. No graphical images are obtained for a requested page, I don’t see
> subsequent requests for obtaining images through squid. It gets the
> main page without graphics

>>Then those requests is not reaching Squid for some reason.
You are right.

> 2. At times when requests is made a window pops up in the browser that
> says
>
> "you have chosen to open http://weblink Which is a bin file" and
> provides options to save
>
> I don’t understand the reason behind this. Again I am not sure if it is because of squid or openssl.

>>Most likely your proxy, not Squid. From your description it sounds like your proxy has >>problems with persistent connections, not forwarding the next request received on a >>persistent connection.

>>openssl is not a proxy. Is your proxy a homebrew software of some kind, or a ready made >>application? If a ready made application, which one?

yes we use openssl libraries and created a proxy server that supports persistent connections. Earlier we had wcol as http prefetcher. But we had problems with long urls and less capabilities, we decided to move to squid. Now we are facing this issue after we configured squid to hear request from our proxy. Hence I am not sure if it is proxy or squid.

>>If the above suspicion is true it should help to disable persistent connections in Squid

>>client_persistent_connections off
Tried this but same result.

Thanks
Geetha