Re: [squid-users] LRU Statistics

From: Roy M. <setesting001_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 00:47:41 +0800

Hi,

On 7/8/08, Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net> wrote:

> It should happen as frequent as you have new content entering the cache.
>

> I would think the LRU age is more interesting, telling how long the
> oldest object has stayed in cache...

Sure, but sometimes it would be interesting to see by adjusting the
max. memory size, you could be able to reduce / increase the LRU per
second. (Of coz I don't have real knowledge if LRU is costly in term
of CPU cycle)

On the other hand, I have another idea is to have memory partition (or
disk partition), so not all URL are created equal, say domain1.com
would have 1GB memory cache and 10GB disk cache, domain2.com would
have 4GB memory cache, but no disk cache ect.

Thanks.