[squid-users] Squid-3.0.STABLE7 Compilation errors on SPARC

From: Frog <frog_at_rsf1.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 20:26:28 +0100

Hi All,

I have a machine here that is running 3.0.STABLE4 and I wish to upgrade
it to STABLE7. I compiled and installed STABLE4 with no problems.
However while attempting to compile the latest release I am getting lots
of errors during the configure script which are repeatedly saying to
report a bug.

I am attempting to configure with the following options:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local
--enable-storeio=ufs,aufs,coss,diskd,null --enable-snmp
--enable-delay-pools --enable-cache-digests --enable-underscores
--enable-referer-log --enable-useragent-log
--enable-auth=basic,digest,ntlm --enable-carp
--enable-follow-x-forwarded-for --with-large-files --enable-async-io
--enable-removal-policies=lru,heap --enable-icmp --enable-icap-client

The error that occurs in config.log for various headers look like the
following:

configure:24403: result: no
configure:24407: checking arpa/inet.h presence
configure:24422: gcc -E conftest.c
configure:24428: $? = 0
configure:24442: result: yes
configure:24455: WARNING: arpa/inet.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure:24457: WARNING: arpa/inet.h: check for missing
prerequisite headers?
configure:24459: WARNING: arpa/inet.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure:24461: WARNING: arpa/inet.h: section "Present But Cannot
Be Compiled"
configure:24463: WARNING: arpa/inet.h: proceeding with the
preprocessor's result
configure:24465: WARNING: arpa/inet.h: in the future, the compiler will
take precedence
configure:24475: checking for arpa/inet.h
configure:24483: result: yes

The error also appear for other headers such as assert.h, crypt.h etc.

While the configuration script was running I noticed an autoconf error
(Header Present But Cannot Be Compiled) and checking the autoconf
documention brought me to a page where as I'm not a programmer I
couldn't make much out of it.

When running the configuration script with just --prefix=/usr/local
results in no errors. So obviously it looks like one of my configuration
options is not compatible.

My GCC compiler is 3.4.3 as provided by the OS.
PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sfw/bin/:/usr/ccs/bin/

Would anyone have experienced this before or seen something similar?

Best regards
Frog