RE: [squid-users] Integrating squid with OpenSSL:very slow response

From: Geetha_Priya <Geetha_Priya_at_satyam.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 16:35:29 +0530

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Nordstrom [mailto:henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 5:36 PM
To: Geetha_Priya
Cc: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
Subject: RE: [squid-users] Integrating squid with OpenSSL:very slow response

On mån, 2008-07-07 at 14:48 +0530, Geetha_Priya wrote:

> yes we use openssl libraries and created a proxy server that supports
> persistent connections. Earlier we had wcol as http prefetcher. But we
> had problems with long urls and less capabilities, we decided to move
> to squid. Now we are facing this issue after we configured squid to
> hear request from our proxy. Hence I am not sure if it is proxy or
> squid.

>>Time to dig up wireshark and take a look at the traffic I think. Start by looking at the >>traffic in & out of your proxy..

I guess that is a better approach. We will look into it. We also verified that browser is able to reach webservers directly through squid. Problem arises only when proxy comes between our client and squid. Squid does not send subsequent requests for other objects [like images in a page] when it gets requests through proxy.

Thanks
Geetha

DISCLAIMER: