Re: [squid-users] Updated Benchmark?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 15:50:58 +1200 (NZST)

> I noticed pages about benchmark is a little bit old,
>
> e.g. http://old.squid-cache.org/Benchmarking/
>

> Are there any decent benchmark?

There is not yet anything comprehensive for later than those stats you found.
Measurement Factory are working on a new TestBed which hopefully will lead
to the availability of new data fro current releases on modern technology.

> For example, for how much config can Squid saturate 100M network?

I've found it possible for 2 clients to saturate a 100M network here
requesting the same object from Squid's cache at once. That takes no
special config, delay_pools can reduce that threshold from 2 to many. But
it depends on your local situation more than anything.
I suspect you meant something else though...

Amos