Re: [squid-users] Too many queued ntlmauthenticator requests

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 01:52:36 +1200

David Jiménez Peris wrote:

> On a linux ubuntu 8.04 server with squid 3.0.STABLE1 and samba 3.0.28a
> configured to authenticate against a windows 2003 server active
> directory with samba winbind ntlm-auth, the ntlm-auth processes keep
> slowly getting locked in "RESERVED" state until squid emits the error
> "Too many queued ntlmauthenticator requests" and restarts.
>
> Is this the expected behavior of squid?

Maybe yes, maybe no.
3.0 earlier than STABLE5 have a mix of known problems with
authentication. Try the latest (currently STABLE7) and see if the issue
resolves.

It _should_ build easily on Ubuntu. But I see their STABLE6 package has
stalled, so while I look into that, any build issues at all (even the
slightest) let me know.

Amos