[squid-users] empty core files

From: Rhino <rhino_at_machlink.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:40:35 -0500

Running squid-2.7.STABLE1-20080528 on Debian linux 2.6.19.7 kernel
using wccp2 and iptables for transparency.
Put into production approx. 2 weeks ago, approx. 10k customers are
browsing transparently without any complaints of latency, and we're
seeing a measurable incoming bandwidth savings on our ISP links - so
things seem to be performing well. However I've discovered a number of
completely empty core files in my squid logs directory. Some are as
little as 3 minutes apart. Could an exploited vulnerability be
generating these?
Appreciate the help.
-Ryan