[squid-users] Re: Re: Re[squid-users] verse proxy to Sharepoint

From: afstcklnd <andrew.stickland_at_spirititconsulting.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:18:08 -0700 (PDT)

Finally resolved that issue by applying the latest fedora core 9 updates and
resetting a few things - unfortunately, not sure exactly what fixed the
problem.

A query on squid.conf...

If the http_access settings allow a connection through without ntlm
authentication, it seems as though the authentication is not used.
Reasonable I assume but in trying to get this working, we tried to set up
reverse proxy to a different site - successfully. Then we added the ntlm
bits for access to the secure area. What became apparent is although the
login was requested on the browser, nothing actually got through to winbind!

Anyway, we still have a problem...

Having removed all http_access accept the ntlm users bit, authorisation
process goes through OK, however, the security token is not getting through
to sharepoint. Squid debug shows the GET followed by a reply with
"Unauthorised" from the sharepoint server.

What else am I missing?