Re: [squid-users] Too many queued ntlmauthenticator requests

From: David Jiménez Peris <davidjp_at_terra.es>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:50:06 +0200

I've got around 300 windows 2000-sp4 and xp-sp2 clients.

I have configured squid with up to 500 ntlm authenticators but it has
only made the problem worse because when all the ntlm authenticators
become stalled on the "deferred" state squid needs a lot more time to
restart. Today squid with 10 authenticators is restarting several times
a day and users don't notice any slow down or error while navigating.

I hope you find time to implement a little more output to that helper
stats, showing who is holding the helper reserved would be certainly
very helpful.

Thank you for you support!

Best regards.
David JP