Re: [squid-users] Credentials not kept cross domain

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:36:29 +0200

On tor, 2008-07-10 at 13:14 -0500, Joseph Piché wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a setup with Squid 3.0 stable 7 and DansGuardian 2.9.9.4. I
> have been trying to set up authentication using ntlm_auth connecting
> to Active Directory. Everything works fine except I get prompted for a
> username and password for every single domain.

Are you doing transparent interception?

authentication and interception is mutually exclusive..

For proxy authentication to work proper you need to have the browsers
configured to use the proxy, preferably on a shortname så they know it's
a local resource and automatically accepts NTLM authentication without a
login prompt..