Re: [squid-users] sites show up in cache.log but not in browser

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 22:59:07 +0200

On fre, 2008-07-11 at 14:32 -0400, Dean Durant wrote:
> while using firefox, I get: ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
>
> While trying to retrieve the URL:
> http://www.recycleelectronics.com/quick_quote.html
>

> The following error was encountered:
> Connection to 69.80.208.156 Failed The system returned:
> (110) Connection timed out
>

> The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Sonds like you haven't configured the routing correctly on your proxy
server. It manages to resolve the address proper, but then when trying
to connect to the requested server on port 80 it gets nowhere..

If it's just some sites showing this problem but these sites work when
not using the proxy then see
"Can't connect to some sites through Squid"
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SystemWeirdnesses#head-699d810035c099c8b4bff21e12bb365438a21027

If the problem is that you need to use a parent proxy to reach the
Internet then see "How do I configure Squid to work behind a firewall?"
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ConfiguringSquid#head-f7c4c667d4154ec5a9619044ef7d8ab94dfda39b