Re: [squid-users] When worlds collide

From: pritam <pritam_at_subisu.net.np>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 20:15:30 +0545

Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Paul Bertain wrote:
>> What I should have said was put an entry in /etc/hosts and then
>> modify /etc/nsswitch.conf on the Squid box so that it sees that same
>> host as valid.
>
> You could. Although by using the internal DNS resolver for just squid,
> you only need to add the entry to /etc/hosts. Squid loads the hosts
> file to prime its internal DNS resolver.
>
> That would be the easiest way to configure it yes. But it makes the
> site available to all users of Squid. Not just the one client.
Hi,

I thing their is a tricky idea here. And I have tested with IE and
Firefox as browser.

User PC first checks /etc/hosts before DNS Server. In the browser
setting use proxy with port 3128 ( link in non-transparent) and add the
domain/host ( viz: .EXAMPLE.COM/SNEAKY.EXAMPLE.COM) in field of
'no-proxy for:'

This works for my clients. May be in yours scenario too.......

Regards,

Pritam