Re: [squid-users] When worlds collide

From: Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET <ml_at_t-b-o-h.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:02:50 -0400 (EDT)

> Mån 2008-07-14 klockan 11:03 -0400 skrev Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET:
> > >
> > I heard back from the company today. Yes, they said it is an internal
> > (onsite/VPN) only accessible site (Yet they use a Public IP.. And we wonder where
> > all the good IPs have gone. ;) ).
>
> Heh..
>
> > But shouldn't Squid be returning something other than "0 0"?
>
> It does if you are a bit patient..
>
> TCP_MISS/0 0 is when the client aborts before anything is known about
> the response, i.e. before Squid has timed out the connection to the
> unreachable internal server.. The default timeout is 2 minutes.

Hi,

        Sorry, I know you said that last time. I figured since this seems
to be an automated process doing it (Or some user is doing it every 45
seconds for the last 2 days straight... Instead of being out enjoying the
beach!) that it would hang on until the timeout period. But if the timeout
is 2 minutes, then it must be cutting it short on its own.

        Thank you for your patience/understanding, and reply.

                        Tuc/TBOH