[squid-users] caching gzip pages

From: Geetha_Priya <Geetha_Priya_at_satyam.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:56:36 +0530

Dear all,

www.yahoo.com and other websites send gzip versions of their web page. The squid just stores [caches ] it in some location and the browser can interpret/deflate the gzip and hence displays the webpage.

In this regard How does squid cache web pages that comes as gzip format?
I see other http proxies [like wcol for ex.] creates directory named www.yahoo.com and stores a file named no_name.html and then when you click further links from this page they go on creating subdirectories with same names as the requested link. Does squid also work this way? Can you send me a pointer to the code where I can checkout its caching implementation.

Thanks and Regards
Geetha

DISCLAIMER: