[squid-users] Squid asks for authentication for every domain

From: Jair Valmor Basso Júnior <jair_at_uninove.br>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:09:53 -0300

Hi all, I'm upgrading a 2.5.STABLE1 squid install, but I'm getting the
following problem when trying to setup a ordinary ncsa authentication:

For every domain my browser opens a connection I receive a
authentication dialog box. When entering on msn.com for example, it asks
me for user/pass for the msn.com, ads1.msn.com, stc.msn.com, stj.msn.com
and the list goes on. I'm using the default squid.conf with just some
these lines for the ncsa_auth:

auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid-2.6.STABLE21/libexec/ncsa_auth
/etc/squidpass
auth_param basic children 10
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
auth_param basic casesensitive off

acl authenticated proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl jair src 10.113.1.217
http_access allow jair authenticated
http_access deny all

I tried that setup with the latest stable squid 2.6 and 3.0 with the
same results. Any idea?

Thanks.