[squid-users] squid ncsa access denied from other than localhost

From: Redya Febriyanto <redya_at_febriyanto.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:02:59 +0700

Hi there!

I'm new to squid and i'm planning to use it with ncsa authentication
on Fedora 9.
I've installed the squid from rpm and it was runing successully with
default configuration (without any changes). But when i try to change
the configuration to use ncsa authentication it denied all access from
other than localhost without even prompting any password to users.

I thought the acl was the cause and i decided to simplify my
configuration just to make sure that there is no "unwanted acl"

my recent configuration (squid.conf) is:

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth /etc/dor
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

http_port 3128
acl users proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow users
http_access deny all

and it denied any access from other than localhost without prompting
any password, but it prompt for password if accessed from locahost,
and my user&password is working. Why it always by default deny
anything from "outside-world"..
is there any misconfiguration?

FYI i am using squid 3.0.STABLE2

please help me and thx in advance