RE: [squid-users] Reverse Proxy, OWA RPCoHTTPS and NTLM authentication passthrough

From: Joe Tiedeman <Joe.Tiedeman_at_hesa.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:10:26 +0100

Amos,

I've never been able to get NTLM pass thru to work with squid, I'm guessing because of the double hop issue. Kerberos, on the other hand, works perfectly once you've set up all the service principle names etc and is also much more secure. If you can get Kerberos working between the client and the OWA server directly, you can slot squid in the middle and the clients won't care.

Joe Tiedeman
Support Analyst
Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA)
95 Promenade, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL50 1HZ
T 01242 211167 F 01242 211122 W www.hesa.ac.uk