Re: [squid-users] Flag this message Trouble building Squid with Linux Transparent Proxy support

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 00:15:46 +1200

Robert V. Coward wrote:
>> Yes. It's only needed for TPROXY v2.2. The v4 pieces are fully
>> integrated into latest netfilter kernel code. If its present in the
>> kernel Squid-3/HEAD can use it.
>
> Is there a quick way I can determine if v4 is built into my netfilter kernel code?

I'm not sure. All I know about the kernel side is what I've read here:
  http://www.balabit.com/downloads/files/tproxy/README.txt

The best place to ask is the netfilter mailing lists since its
integrated there.

I believe its in iptable 1.4.1 or xtables-addons for that version.
Kernel 2.6.25 and later. Not sure how far back the usable TPROXYv4
target goes.

Amos