[squid-users] Squid conf in HTTP and HTTPS mode

From: Karandeep Malik <karandeepmalik_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:30:36 +0530

Hi,

I wish to configure squid in such a way that The client should be able
to authenticate proxy by Basic/Digest/NTLM. It should accept HTTP and
HTTPS requests on different ports. I am confused about how to enable
both simultaneously. I saw some examples using https_port but I got
none working so...My Squid version is 2.6 stable 10

From squid doc I got to understand that their are two ways of Client
-> Proxy->Server connection

1) Client connects with Proxy at https port. Proxy tunnels the request
to sever without modifying the messages, through the connect method.
And client server exchange certificates.
2) Client connects to Proxy at https port. Proxy and client have
exchnage of certifcates. And an ssl connection is established between
the two. Now, Proxy modifies the request and establishes the
connection between the Proxy and Server by exchange of certificates
between the two.

I would request any working - squid.conf - config lines, if possible.

Thanks and Regards,
KM