[squid-users] this cttproxy error seen by anyone?

From: Ritter, Nicholas <Nicholas.Ritter_at_americantv.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:35:42 -0500

Has anyone on the list seen this cttproxy error in squid.cache log
before? I am tryign to figure out if I should be concerned about the
error.

2008/07/16 15:21:20| tproxy ip=10.48.1.3,0x301300a,port=0 ERROR ASSIGN

10.48.1.3 is the IP of a client behind the squid box. The setup is a
CentOS 5.2 x86_64 box with WCCP redirection from a cisco router and
cttproxy with Squid 2.6stable21. I used the wiki article on
squid-cache.org as a setup reference. The setup is working, but I don't
have a are client load on this box yet.

BTW - I will have a detailed HOWTO ready once I complete the
load/stability testing.

Here are some details of the software and setup:

software versions:

CentOS 5.2 x86_64 linux distribution
squid-2.6.STABLE21
cttproxy-2.6.18-2.0.6
vanilla 2.6.18 kernel, custom compiled (I did choose the NAT
reservations support in addition the other TProxy options.)
iptables-1.3.5-4 source rpm, patched and built via rpmbuild with the
cttproxy diff added to the spec file

squid build options:
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu" \
CFLAGS="-DNUMTHREADS=60 \
-O3 \
-pipe \
-funroll-loops \
-ffast-math \
-fno-exceptions" \
./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/squidapp \
--exec-prefix=/usr/local/squidapp \
--enable-async-io \
--enable-icmp \
--enable-snmp \
--enable-cache-digests \
--enable-useragent-log \
--enable-storeio="aufs" \
--enable-follow-x-forwarded-for \
--enable-removal-policies="heap,lru" \
--with-maxfd=16384 \
--enable-poll \
--disable-ident-lookups \
--enable-delay-pools \
--enable-linux-netfilter \
--enable-linux-tproxy

Other patches that came with the iptables rpm that were applied to the
IPTables source:Patch2: iptables-1.2.8-nolibnsl.patch
Patch4: iptables-1.2.9-netlink.patch
Patch5: iptables-1.3.0-selinux.patch
Patch6: iptables-1.2.10-counters.patch
Patch8: iptables-1.3.0-cleanup.patch
Patch9: iptables-1.3.0-autoload.patch
Patch10: iptables-1.3.0-no_root.patch
Patch11: iptables-1.3.5-dscp_max.patch
Patch12: iptables-1.3.5-headers.patch

Squid deployment is using the setup as detailed onthe squid WiKi at:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/FullyTransparentWithTPROXY
<blocked::http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/FullyTransparentWit
hTPROXY>

This squid deployment using using WCCP v2 with a Cisco router, and two
squid services as itemized in the WiKi article, where one wccp service
is bound to the inbound traffic, and one to the outbound traffic like
this:

wccp2_service dynamic 80
wccp2_service_info 80 protocol=tcp flags=src_ip_hash priority=240
ports=80
wccp2_service dynamic 90
wccp2_service_info 90 protocol=tcp flags=dst_ip_hash,ports_source
priority=240 ports=80