[squid-users] Creating a file of banned IP#s

From: -ronin- <contactdayo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 06:04:01 -0700 (PDT)

Much like the fullspeed.dat file, where you can list hosts/domains to which
you want squid to allow undelayed access....

# fullspeed.dat

hostname.com
anotherhost.com
yetanotherhost.net

.... and then in the squid.conf file, I would add a rule as follows:

acl fullspeed dstdomain "/etc/squid/fullspeed.dat"

Can I also create a file for single IP#s? I want to use them in an access
rule, e.g.

# bannedips.dat
123.4.5.66
234.1.2.34
189.2.1.45

And then include a line in squid.conf:

acl banned_clients "/etc/squid/bannedips.dat"
http_access deny banned_clients

Is this correct? Would this be the way to go about it?