[squid-users] Samba + Squid + NTLM

From: Jeff Jenkins <jrj_at_apple.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:46:01 -0700

Anyone have any pointers to docs that show how to do the following:

1. Setup a samba server to implement a Windows domain - NOT plug into
an existing AD or anything fancy like that.
2. Add a single user to the domain.
3. The Samba domain should do NTLM auth at a minimum (digest & basic
would be nice, but NTLM is key).
4. Setup squid to auth to the samba domain.

I am looking for compilation flags I should specify and what the .conf
files should contain.

I would like all of this to run on 1 machine, if possible. I don't
see why it couldn't.

This is strictly for testing purposes, so I don't care about
scalability in any way shape or form.

Thanks for any suggestions/pointers to docs that would show how to
setup this up.

-- jrj