Re: [squid-users] always_direct

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 23:20:49 +0200

mån 2008-07-21 klockan 08:59 -0700 skrev John Doe:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to go direct in case of videos (in a reverse proxy setup):
>
> acl askdirect req_mime_type -i video/x-flv

This is not what you expect it to be. req_mime_type is the mime type of
the request, not the response.

The response mime type is only known when the response from the server
is seen (after connecting and sending the request).

What you can do is to use urlpath_regex and match on common patterns for
the downloads you want Squid to skip the siblings on.

acl askdirect urlpath_regex -i \.flv$
always_direct askdirect

additionally, keep in mind that always_direct only changes how Squid
uses peers (makes it not use any peers), not the cache. To tell Squid to
not cache the reply see the cache directive.