[squid-users] how to use IP addresses delivered by client?

From: Cezary Rzewuski <crzewusk_at_nask.pl>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:10:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
Is there any possibility for squid not to make DNS lookups at all but be
provided with the server IP address from client?

The issue is that we're using squid as a proxy for crawling malicious
sites and the, so called, fast-flux attacks are quite popular these days.
In this kind of attack DNS returns many IP addresses for an URL, few of
which are usually malicious. So, we'll use some heuristic algorithms to
choose which IP to check.
However the problem is that we need any way to inform squid of the IP
address he should use for particular URL. We were thinking of setting our
own DNS cache server for squid. However, it changes project architecture a
bit. I thought that may be there exist any way to give squid the IP
address in a HTTP header (X-IP)?

Kind regards,
Cezary Rzewuski