Re: [squid-users] how to use IP addresses delivered by client?

From: Cezary Rzewuski <crzewusk_at_nask.pl>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:21:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> If you want to maintain data integrity during these test operations you
> really do not want the sites to be cached at all between the testing
> engine and the tested site. If anything needs to be stored for records,
> its best done by the engine which can identify the material correctly.

We do not use squid as a cache server - caching is disabled. Squid is used
to perform on HTTP content some additional processing (antivirus stuff
through ICAP protocol).
The issue is when crawler receives a set of IP addresses from the DNS.
Then we'd like to have possibility to choose from which particular IP we
want to download the content (but through the proxy). Since Squid will
make it's own DNS request, we have no control which IP address will be used.