[squid-users] Squid + Kerberos Auth

From: Alexandre augusto <asaugusto_at_yahoo.com.br>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:54:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

about environment:
Squid version = squid-3.0.STABLE8
Active Directory Windows 2003
Linux Redhat EL 5

I´m trying using kerberos auth with squid_kerb_auth looking for

http://klaubert.wordpress.com/2008/01/09/squid-kerberos-authentication-and-ldap-authorization-in-active-directory/

(anyone have used it ?)

I have used this options to create keytab file on AD server as domain admin:

C:\>ktpass -princ HTTP/DOMAIN.COM.BR_at_REALM -mapuser domain_rj\squid_user -crypto D ES-CBC-CRC -ptype KRB5_NT_PRINCIPAL -pass *password* -out squid.DOMAIN.COM.BR.keytab

after export it to Linux box and try the initial test, I got it:

[root_at_boom etc]# kinit -V -k -t squid.domain.COM.BR.keytab domain.COM.BR
kinit(v5): Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial credentials

googling this error I found a possible solution:

kinit: Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial credentials.

Meaning: The principal whose credentials are being requested does not exist in the Kerberos database.

Reason or Active corretion:
Verify there is a principal entry available for the client in the Kerberos database; if not create the same

Question:

So, what is wrong and how can get it working ?

Thanks in advance

Alexandre Novos endereços, o Yahoo! que você conhece. Crie um email novo com a sua cara @ymail.com ou @rocketmail.com. http://br.new.mail.yahoo.com/addresses