[squid-users] Problem with filter by MAC

From: <opc_at_orenses.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:09:45 -0500 (ECT)

I have the following configuration in my squid where as the first rule is
that I filter through Mac address and then through IP.

It works very well with almost all my clients, but with some other clients
it does not validate the MAC. Therefore, I have to filter these clients
through their IP. Which I do not want to enable.

The lines in my squid are:

+-------
acl negados url_regex "/usr/local/squid/etc/sitios.denegados"

http_access deny negados

acl rednaveguexmac arp "/usr/local/squid/etc/lista.mac"
acl rednaveguexip src "/usr/local/squid/etc/lista.ip"

http_access allow rednaveguexmac
http_access allow rednaveguexip

icp_access allow rednaveguexmac
icp_access allow rednaveguexip
icp_access deny all

htcp_access allow rednaveguexmac
htcp_access allow rednaveguexip
htcp_access deny all
+-------

In order to verify the MACS in my clients´ PCs. I have to check them from
the windows on their PCs, right on the panel of control: Net connections,
properties, or from the window of DOS. I use the command "ipconfig –all",
or the command "getmac", and I get the same direction from all of these
commands, even from the server Proxy I use the line:

"ping -c 2 $IP_Cliente && arp -a | grep $IP_Cliente"

Even though I assure myself of having copied the MAC correctly, it does
not filter and it also denies access to the other clients.

May you tell me what is wrong? Moreover, why it works with some clients,
but it does not work with other ones?