Re: [squid-users] Problems with ICAP and parent-child configuration

From: Christos Tsantilas <christos_at_chtsanti.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:25:54 +0300

Amos Jeffries wrote:

>>> Yes but maybe I might have some problems to convince my customer to
>>> ignore
>>> it! :)
>>>
>> This message can appeared when the squid 3.0 shutdown while the ICAP
>> subsystem shutdown the ICAP services and in this case this message can
>> ignored.
>>
>> If you see this message while squid3 is running or while is starting then
>> it means that the ICAP service did not respond to the ICAP OPTIONS
>> request, and squid3 will stop use the service and in this case it is
>> problem.

I make a mistake, sorry.
This message appeared (1) when squid3.0 shutdown and (1) when an
icap_service config line for a reason fails (parse error etc..), but in
the second case there are other messages too which inform the user
about the configuration error.

> Christos. You should have the global flag shutting_down to test and
> silence this at the proper times.

In any case this message has a debug level 2, I think it is OK to leave
it as is.
Do you think that it is a problem? It is not difficult to fix it, I can
make a patch which separate the cases....