Re: [squid-users] Problems with ICAP and parent-child configuration

From: daniele.piaggesi <daniele.piaggesi_at_pro-netics.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:02:26 +0200

> Christos Tsantilas wrote:

>> I make a mistake, sorry.
>> This message appeared (1) when squid3.0 shutdown and (1) when an
>> icap_service config line for a reason fails (parse error etc..), but in
>> the second case there are other messages too which inform the user
>> about the configuration error.

No I have only the message that I printed yet. Any other error line.

>>> Christos. You should have the global flag shutting_down to test and
>>> silence this at the proper times.
>>
>> In any case this message has a debug level 2, I think it is OK to leave
>> it as is.
>> Do you think that it is a problem? It is not difficult to fix it, I can
>> make a patch which separate the cases....
>>

> Okay. Should not be a problem at level-2 . I just got the impression it
> was at level-1 or -0. What I was hinking with the shutdown'silencing was
> to make it "debugs(N, (shuting_down?2:1), ...".
>
> But that is not really needed if its already below level-1.
>
> Daniele;
> Since you're doing this for a customer. You may find its better to run
> the production squid debug logging at level-0 (CRITICAL) or level-1
> (IMPORTANT) debugging. The other levels are generally for informative
> purposes on tracking a known issue down, not finding new ones, and can
> quickly fill the cache.log.
>
> Amos

Yes Amos, for sure. At this moment I have setted an high debug only to
monitor the firsts startups of squid. When I'll have checked that
everything is ok, I'll set at level-0.

>> Ok I've done, I've upgradedo to squid 3.0 STABLE8, the latest stable on
>> the website and now...I have the same error and a different one more
>> annoying.
>>
>> I have it only if I enable icap on my squid.conf:
>>
>> FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.
>
> It is a bug. Are you able to collect some debugging info (core
> file/backtrace, logs etc)
> There are instruction in squid wiki about sending bug reports:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/TroubleShooting#head-7067fc0034ce967e67911becaabb8c95a34d576d

Sorry guys but I've to finish all customer's installations in this week
and I've short time now. The next week I'll be in my office and I can
reproduce the error and make a coredump for you.

Thanks for your support

Daniele