Re: [squid-users] SQUID port to port

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 23:45:16 +1200

elsergio wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> It is because I would like this name to be configurable on Squids side, to
> be independent from the server app. I don't want to depend on the server app
> so modifying the header could be nice. Any idea?

XFF has nothing to do with the Server app. It's all about the client. Is
added by Squid. Exactly what you asked for.
Its present to be _used_ or ignored by the server app.

I asked for more info on the overall design you are wanting to achieve.
If we knew we could give more useful help. Without the knowledge of your
end-goal all I and anyone here can do is guess and answer to the exact
words you state.

Feel free to send it privately if that is sensitive info.

Amos